Monday, September 15, 2003

I should tell you, my favourite indulgence is shopping at the library. I love to stroll up and down the shelves and pick books randomly. I take home armfuls of books every couple weeks. Nevermind I only read one or two. And, generally, these are read in one long marathon session. When the cost of shopping at the library is free, why waste your time reading books you don't love? I have no scientific method of picking books off the shelf. I pick books with good titles. I pick books with author's names that appeal to me. I rarely even read the inside leaf. I give a book 5 pages, and if I'm not hooked... I put it down.

Today I happened to spy Douglas Coupland's latest "Hey Nostradamus!" He's always a safe bet. So far (first sentence read at a stop light only), I think it will be a winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home