Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Scenes from this morning...

So the D was going to drive me to work today so he could get himself to the shops to get the mop that was his hair trimmed and under control. Finally. (He sheepishly admitted he had a "fringe" this morning). Right. So. I was already annoyed because he was giving me his boring ass opinion on some jibber-jabber by some generic senator types on CNN with regards to 87 billion dollars for Iraq blah blah blah blah. And, I was already late. And, he was still fannying about pontificating about american politics.

When we finally got in the car it was with glee that I noted that we were leaving at the prime moment where there would be the most kids congregated at the end of our street waiting for a bus. Lucky us! Our street is the designated school bus stop. There have been a couple morning when I had to lay on the horn to get the kids to clear the street so I could drive through. Seriously, they are dumber than sheep...standing there staring at my car dumbly as I slowly drove towards them and stopped in anticipation of them moving out of the way. (At that time I considered running the lot down and helping Darwin on his way.) I was looking forward to the joy of watching D lose it with the completely thick kids that seem to spring from the loins of this suburban wasteland.

Alas, it was not to be. As we started to back down the drive we heard an ominous "thump thump thump." I got out to check on the source of the noise. It was the completely flat back right tire. Suckage. The car is about three weeks old and already with a flat.

The fact that we had a full size spare and I had the D there to do the dirty work of replacing the tire did little to assuage a creeping feeling of "sucky day" coming on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home