Thursday, September 18, 2003

HYPERTROPHIC OSTEODYSTROPHY (HOD)

Here's what we think the pup is dealing with.

A quick update for everyone: despite our trying to take a break from fostering we have a very pathetic foster at the moment. We think he may be of the breed I posted previously. He is HORRIBLE shape. He looks like a prison camp survivor. But, hopefully we can get him back up and on his feet in no time. Speaking of his feet...he's got a very painful problem with them at the moment...and I think this may be what's going on with him.

You know, I may be a crazy dog lady, but for the life of me I can't comprehend how people can be so cruel to animals. He is in such bad shape that I was in tears last night, and the sight of him actually made me sick to my stomach. Poor babe. People ask me how I can foster, and I look at dogs like this boy (name still to be decided on) and ask how it is they don't.

PS. His name is officially Dougall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home