Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Forced Charity

Tonight, pencilled into my exciting social calendar out here in the 'burbs is an evening engagement. Scandalous! On a Wednesday night! What will the neighbours think!

Oh god, the truth is that I'm trying (futiley) to convince myself that this evening will be an honor. I will feel honored. The truth is, the only reason I HAVE to go is because of that silly incident earlier this year. You know the one. When I was roped into coordinating the corporate forced charity campaign? (The memory of which always sends me into paroxysms of annoyance due to the "chilli incident.")

One and half hours people! In Conroe. So we can receive our honor for being some big wheel corporate donor. Hors d'oevres to be served. I can only imagine...I see dried out trays of crudites (imagine the accent) and ranch dip, Bowls of chips (which will have been rummaged through by countless unwashed hands), delixmex microwaved taquitos.....

Will this torturous assignment of forced charity participation ever end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home