Monday, April 19, 2004

A Momentous Weekend!

(Alternate title: A totally suburban weekend!)

So, we were totally flat out this weekend. I actually took the day of friday. One of my coworkers commented on how he thought it was funny that I called days off "being on holiday" whether or not I was vacationing. Usually I'm not. Usually I take a day off to take care of domestic issues, or just to take a day off an do nothing. Either way, technically it is a holiday from my paid work.

This friday we dropped Lills off for her spay and had an appointment with someone to come clean our ducts. Excitement! The filth and mold they found in our ducts and our AC unit were not only revolting, but a costly thing to remove. What ever. At least that is one chore taken care of, and the bonus is our AC is actually blowing air...cold air! How novel. Lilly's spay went just fine and she has not missed a beat.

Saturday D and I ran down to Bones 2 Go to get the herd their feed for the month. D also picked up a lamb haunch for himself. It was his birthday sunday, and on top of the cheesemaking kit... he decided a lamb leg would be a good gift. I don't even know he's going to fit that in the oven. I think he's going to cook it on the grill. Poor lambkins.

We also went to Canino's Produce (and visted all the stands in the back as well) where we picked up veggies for us and the beasts. I love going to the markets! There is such beautiful fruit out at the moment, plus I always go across the street and get a "raspa" and "elote" while I'm there and revel in my latina roots. We also visited the taco trucks out the back. Mmmm.... I love taco trucks! This weekend I picked up several pounds of the fresh beets, as my fridge pickled beets grew quite a little fan base since my last batch. I also picked up a few pounds of vidalia onions and other yummy fresh treats.

I turned the onions into a lovely little carmelized onion tart for a party our street had that night. I know! How suburban is that? Party in the culdesac! It was handily timed though, as I had arranged for one of our neighbours to sneakily arrange a birthday cake for D. He was totally mortified at being made a spectacle of. Mission accomplished.

Sunday we spent the day lazing around, I pickled stuff, and made the dogs their vegetable pap. It was D's birthday! All he wanted to do was NOTHING after several days of driving/errands/chores/socializing. He passed out on the couch watching a baseball game and I passed out in the hammock. It was lovely!

So yeah, that was my weekend. Don't envy me! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home