Tuesday, January 27, 2004

So I turned thirty this past weekend. Some would argue that this indicates that I am, indeed, now grown up. I beg to differ. There are lots of things that I would have already done, or would be doing if I were grown up. Here is some of them:

1. I would own, and be lovingly restoring an old rambly cape cod or crazy victorian house (with hidden passages and non-functioning dumbwaiter) in some undisclosed, hilly, and quaint town. I would sometimes live there. I would not physically or financially suffer from this fun adventure.
2. I would have been to all continents (bar antarctica, which doesn't mean I don't necessarily want to go there...but I'm not exactly going to go out of my way to ensure I step on perma-frost on the bum side of the world.)
3. I would be able to speak at least 4 language, one of them with no latin or germanic roots.
4. I would be able to draw/paint in beautiful oils or dainty pastels. I would spend some evenings on a picturesque beach with paint and canvas being picturesque.
5. I would understand, no truly truly understand the idea of a space-time continuum.
6. I would have clever and precocious children. Twoish.
7. I would have a convertible car. It would be completely unpractical. I would only drive it on occassions where the sun was shining full, and my hair would never be mussed.

(To be continued).....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home