Saturday, November 01, 2003

It's been a foodfest around here! Last night my sister came to spend the night at our house, and we went to eat at my favourite little colombian restaurant. We ate ourselves silly on plantains, empanadas, arrepas, yucca and MEAT (which I'm regretting now, after a week of totally vegetarian meals...the meat is wreaking havoc). I was so full I could hardly move...but I moved enough to stop by the colombian bakery next door for a guava filled bread for morning tea today.

This afternoon we drove into houston to visit the produce market. It was GREAT. I got a huge bunch of mexican cilantro (more delicate than the type you get in the regular shops), tiny tiny tomatillos (like grape sized), some guajillo chiles, serranos, huge limes, and D's contribution to the pile - a pineapple. So, I'm going to be making some gorgeous green salsa this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home