Friday, May 24, 2002

Salon.com Life | Go out and get a piece, son!

This is still a topic that gets me hot under the collar.....this is the exact dual-standard that has always pissed me off.

When I was growing up I was constantly harangued by a well-meaning father to "protect myself" and be a guardian of my virtue...because, after all, boys will be boys and they can't be expected to control themselves. I would have to protect myself against these hormone crazed hordes, because they could not be expected to mange themselves.

Why the hell not?

Boys will be boys, right?

It sets up the whole cliche of the woman being responsible in the background.....for everything.... and it still chaps me. Somehow it is my responsibility not only to manage myself, but the men around me....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home