Friday, February 01, 2002

(Let me try this again!)

My first FridayFive!

1.Have you ever had braces? Any other teeth trauma?
No braces. I had a retainer at some point in my life....
Teeth trauma? Oh goodness....I had the worst ever wisdom tooth extraction experience...it is a horrible story that involves never quite getting the root of one of the teeth numbed enough...oh torture! I have the worst teeth ever, every time I go to the dentist I have a cavity. Unlike D, who has never had one SINGLE cavity in his life (people please!).


2. Ever broken any bones?
I cracked my wrist when I was little, on a wooden swing seat. It happened right before a big summer swimming party (and I had a old plaster cast to above my elbow), and it also happened during kindergarten when we were first learning to write letters (my excuse for my poor handwriting). The cast got moldy before the end of the summer, and my grandfather sawed it off for me in his back foyer.


3. Ever had stitches?
Two, (x marks the spot) below my lip on the right side. I was jumping from the top of a dresser to my bed and back. Such fun, until I missed and impaled my lip on a wicker cabinet at the base of my bed. My parents were not pleased.


4. What are the stories behind some of your [physical] scars?
Various acts of clumsiness. Notable scars include a scar on my right calf where I burned my leg on the muffler of my father's motorbike (still there even though it is over 20 years old). Scars on my left wrist, elbow and knee...from the same incident when I worked for the rich lawyer. Her spastic dog escaped the backyard and I tried to go after it though I was on rollerblades. That dog knocked me over in the rich next door neighbour's driveway. The lawyer was more pissed that the dog escaped and me dripping blood on her carpet than my wounds.

I have various scars from sunspots and moles being removed....a side effect of having a (former) plastic surgeon.

5. How do you plan to spend your weekend?
D and I plan to do as little as possible, outside of spending some time with my granparents tomorrow and helping my grandmother find a computer desk.

We'll probably take some good long dog walks, play xbox, watch tv and take plenty of naps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home