Friday, February 01, 2002

Shock!

I guess I must be conservative, but I figure if you already live together and have a child together...you are MARRIED....

This whole living together, making a family and then being shocked but pleased that he's popped the question just seems strange to me. You've made the committment already, you have formed the relationship....you have already made a union.

A child is a committment....which almost pales in comparison to actually having a wedding. Also, she's spoken of herself as the "perfect corporate wife."

To me, weddings like this seem almost like a farce, when you've already committed yourselves together in the raising of a child and the formation of a family....whether or not you've worn a white dress (ha!) and walked down an aisle...you are joined..a union....to do the hysterics of a wedding (and don't even get me started on my thoughts of the history of marriage etc.)

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home