Monday, October 25, 2004

J.D. Salinger's Holden Caulfield, Aging Gracelessly (washingtonpost.com)

J.D. Salinger's Holden Caulfield, Aging Gracelessly (washingtonpost.com)

Amen! I NEVER liked 'Catcher in the Rye' not even for one second, though I desperately wanted to...as all the cool kids totally loved it/related to it etc. I remember reading it and feeling like it was a tedious wast of time, but I forced myself to finish.

At last, my shame of 'not getting' it is somewhat mitigated by knowing that I'm not the only one that thought the book was unegaging and ridiculous.

Now, if only I could find the same validation for my dislike of anything Ayn Rand (ugh!) and 'Confederacy of Dunces' (loathe!)

3 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jules said...

I am with you on the Rand, hon, rest assured you are not alone.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Shana said...

I *loathe* Hemingway.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Lee~William said...

About Ayn Rand ..how about self-righteous, sermonizing, pedantic dialogue that in no way resembles how people normally speak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home