Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Forgive Me!

Here are just a few sins I've committed in the last few days:

1. Whilst on the phone with a very helpful girl from the bank, she gave me the phone number to PC banking support. I told her I was writing it down. I even paused as she read it to me and repeated it back as if I was writing it down. I DID NOT write it down. I didn't want to write it down. I had no intention of calling the PC banking desk if I had further problems. I was sure I wouldn't. And, had I run into further problems....I would have been ringing her back.

2. During our repainting the downstairs marathon this weekend, D's inner engineer emerged. He had an elaborate system for taking switchplates off the walls and keeping them and the trillion screws that come with them from being scattered in the bomb site that was our downstairs during the painting extravaganza. At 8 am on Sunday morning he explained this system to me, asked if I was capable of following it and I said "yes." The truth was I had not been paying even one iota of attention to what he was saying, and proceeded to take the switchplates off the wall in a higgledy-piggledy manner with nary a care as to whether or not we'd ever find the screws that went with them when it was time to reattach them to the wall. I then claimed I followed his system and it was obvious his system was at fault. Not me.

3. I ate pulled pork. And I LOVED IT!!! At 9:30 pm on Sunday night after 12 hours (god help me) of painting hell. With my bare hands. And no napkins.

4. I drove at approx 85 mph all the way to Houston on monday after I stormed out of the house during the clean up process after I got cross with the entire activity. I said I had to go visit my grandmother. I claimed I'd promised and she was expecting me to bring her lunch. She had no idea I was coming. When I got home, the downstairs had been magically reassembled to it's pre-painting hell condition. Amazing!

5. I told Ruby I would kill the rednecks next door with my bare hands if they didn't stop setting fireworks off at midnight last night. I was not kidding. I wanted them to be dead. I was hoping one of their bottle rockets would hit them in the throat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home