Monday, August 18, 2003

I was going to give you my opinion on what "went wrong" up north that caused the grid to collapse, but since I think about that sort of shit everyday for my pittance...I'll save us both the boredom. (Plus from all accounts you New York types were holding hands, singing cumbayah, buying each other cokes, and teaching each other to sing in harmony during the black outs. You know you were! You were totally feeling that special "We are New Yorkers!" love, so I guess you couldn't have really been that upset, right?)

Just so as you know I have to deal EVERY SINGLE DAY with phrases like "load shed" (ha, I said load), system peaks, voltage collapse, grid reliability, and all sorts of other fun power stuff. See, you never knew I worked in such an exciting and happening industry. Oh yes I do! And, not only that, I STILL work in that industry...in Texas... which seems to be the epicenter of collapsing power companies. (Who would have thought it for a girl with a degree in cultural anthropology?)

I get a sickening feeling that all the same old issues that we keep hashing out with the different PUCs we deal with just got a bit stickier...which means more time spent supplying information for requests from various lawyers for me.

Fun times ahead for me! I can just feel it!

Kill me.

Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home