Monday, June 30, 2003

So, the D and I headed up to the lake this saturday (yes, with the Ruby and her lifejacket in tow). We stopped to get some ice for our cooler filled responsibly with water (and a token beer), and I could not resist the siren call of convenience store snacks. So, I found myself buying a bag of ice and a bag of....combos!

Oh the trashy shame of combos.

So, I get back in the car and D demands that I hand the snacks over for immediate inspection. Can you imagine? He'd never experienced the shameful pleasure of combos. He ate contemplatively for a few minutes before declaring in absolute seriousness "These may be some of the nastiest snacky like things I've ever eaten." Ruby was not even interested in the combo he put on his leg for her degustation.

But, he was sucked into the combos evil as much as you and I have been. He continued to mindlessly eat the entire bag before we ever arrived at the lake. When he finished off the last combo he looked at me in a kind of cheese-food induced fugue and was puzzled as to why he ate the entire bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home