Friday, May 23, 2003

Doll Re-birthing

In my creepy doll mode, I've discovered this whole cottage industry of "doll rebirthing." I mean, seriously, I know that a lot of artistic time and talent goes into transforming dismembered heads into very realistic looking baby dolls. But the whole thing kind of (well more than kind of) creeps me out. I mean, some of these dolls are sold with "warming packs" so that the doll will stay warm for hours while you cuddle it. And, belly, chest and sometimes even butt plates for posing. Now, these dolls are obviously not meant for little girls to play with and that's what makes it even creepier for me.

Who is buying these dolls and posing them and cuddling them? Grown people? I guess we all have our weirdnesses, as for me, cuddling living breathing pups will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home