Friday, April 11, 2003


U.S. State Department: Register For The Foreign Service Exam

This is what I'll be spending most of my day doing tomorrow. Just for fun more than anything. When I was doing my undergraduate degree, foreign service is actually where I wanted to go after I finished. I got the foreign part right (ie. moved to Australia), but not quite the way I imagined.

I always promised myself I'd take the exam "just to see" and so I am.

It's been nearly 7 years since I last took a standardized test and I wonder if I'll be able to stand sitting in a classroom with sniffly, SARSy people for hours and hours.

I'm very lucky and test very well. What this means is that it usually takes me about 20 or 30 minutes tops to finish a two hour multiple choice test...and then I sit there going crazy in the sniffly, pencil scratching silence.

I haven't prepared at all for the test, there is a study guid available...but I figure the best preparation is to read up on current evens and just go for it.

So, I'm spending the evening (so far) eating saag paneer and now sitting in my hammock with my laptop checking out what's new on the web....oh and dutifully studying by reading online newspapers.

Cramming isn't at all what it used to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home