Monday, March 10, 2003

The Great Circle of Life

It is spring break here in our neck of the woods. With the beautiful weather outside, there are lots of people and kids out rollerblading/cycling/running/walking/fishing etc. I observe this all on my way to and from work. I'm not toooooo bitter, but daydream that I too could take spring break.

I had to laugh at myself today as I pulled up behind what was obviously a young driver's car. Second hand looking and a bit disheveled, just like my first car (old blue) looked. We were at the stop sign and I could see that driver was bent down looking at something. The light went green, stayed green, and I tried to bide my time (after all, I was in no hurry to scurry back to work). Finally, I honked. The young girl, not missing a beat, passed the mobile phone she had in her left hand to her right and gave me the finger through her open window. I had to laugh. I can just imagine her telling her friend about the bitch behind her. God, I felt like a cranky old lady... like the ones I used to laugh to my friends about.

Don't worry, I'm not so old that I didn't give her the finger back (with huge grin on my face) while telling her to get off her fucking phone and learn how to drive as I passed her by while she weaved in her lane (due to the animated conversation she was having).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home