Wednesday, February 05, 2003

I'll never get voted Ms.Congeniality

An incident from my past that highlights this postulation:

My junior year at Rice, my roommate and I were assigned two freshman "suitemates" (our rooms shared a common bathroom). I didn't think much of it, as I'm usually a live and let live sort of person. I say usually. But, I soon was at direct odds with them. It wasn't so much the constant recorder concert that drifted from their room, nor the smell...it was the piles and piles of dishes in their sink in the bathroom. They would bring their meals upstairs and were too lazy to take their dishes back down to the commons. So they piled them in their sink and on the floor in front of their sink. That was revolting enough, but I gritted my teeth through it. The day I went to brush my teeth to find them using "our" sink and not exactly being quick about their zealous teeth brushing was the final straw. Not only did I have to clean up their spittle and toothpaste on the mirror...I had to wait until they were done to finish getting ready to get to class.

That was it.

I was pissed.

That day, after they merrily tripped off to class with recorder in hand...I picked up every single one of the dishes...put them in their beds, and neatly made the bed over the dishes.

They never said a thing to me about it, but there was never another dish piled in their sink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home