Sunday, December 01, 2002

Scenes from America:

Friday, the D and I were just settling in for a night of jim-jams and serious ass-sitting when our neighbour called. She and her husband were going to go out for a wild night in the Woodlands and would we like to come along?

Being the social scientist I am, and not one to pass on a wild night in the Woodlands.....I answered in the affirmative....for both of us. The D was not pleased. I ignored him.

So, we drive down to the neighbours. Ha! How Texan is that. We drove three houses down. In our car!

We get into their suburban (which is currently decked out for christmas complete with wreath and lights!!!!) and head out fo a wild night.

Our first stop was a little bar in a strip mall which promised gourmet junk food. Sadly, my stomach has been completely uncooperative lately and as they didn't have plain dry toast on the menu, I settled for a grilled chicken breast. But, let me tell you the platters of deep-fried food stuffs looked divine.

D and J played golden tee. I sat with K and played on some video console a completely ridiculously more-ish card game. Obsessively. Um, I have the highscore.

Oh, and yeah, we drank jugs of draft beer. Spew!

Then we decided to move the party out to the next bar. J suggested a place based solely on the fact that the barmaid has big breasts. A solid strategy, I might add.

It was across the road, but when we arrived they had some horrendous heavy metal band and a cover charge. Nix.

We drove back across the road to a different part of the stip mall and ended up a lovely little establishment called "martinis & more" which is apparently the hang out for the older crowd. Perfect.

The had a jazz/blues band. Excellent!

We made out way in...I ordered a double sapphire & tonic and D goes for straight scotch. Like that.

The band? Hilarious. D said it best when he said...."I think we're in for a night of great cruise ship music."

So true.

The best.

There were old people....doing the bump! Dancing. Shaking their money-makers.

I was completely entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home