Friday, December 20, 2002

Oh God. Potluck Lunch.

In the spirit of I actually brought something for the office potluck. To be completely appropriate I searched for the perfect crockpot based side dish including totally processed cheese food products and bland starches. I think I hit the jackpot with Crockpot Creamy Ranch Potatoes. Actually, they look and smell kind of yummy. Meanwhile, it is only 10 am and all those people in this office that are famous for eating the most and contributing the least have already gone into the break room to make their plan of attack. Nice.

(On a side note, I once made my yummy green chicken chili for a chili lunch which I was forced to contribute to by the United Way Gestapo....god. Most people didn't touch it...because it wasn't lurid red and swimming in beef fat. And I quote "Green Chili....it just ain't rah-t.")

Oooh, That's Sure is a MANLY Truck You Drive

Speaking of Bubbas (and I was referring to said bubbas with the quote above)....here's my super-peevish pet peeve for the day. Big manly men that drive around in their 4-wheel drive big-daddy trucks (ie. every other car on the road here is either a truck or suburban or some derivative thereof) and then hit the brakes and drive that beast gently over the two inch speed bumps in our parking garage. You wouldn't want to disturb the delicate shock absorbers by driving over the bitches at normal speed! No!

Obviously, what people like me just don't realise is that those big-ass 4-wheel drive mothers are more delicate than they first appear. It takes a lot of work to keep them shiny and looking spiffy and completely not used for the purpose that they were actually manufactured for (ie. as work trucks to be taken off-road on your farms).

The Unveiling

You probably suspected this all along...but my name really isn't Deliah Shmelia. I know. You are shocked and saddened. In the oprah-esque spirit of being true to my spirit I will now be using my true first name. I know, I know, but I feel I'm ready to take this risk as the only people that read this page already know my name anyways. Duh. And her name was....Cassandra. But you may continue to call me Cas, or Cassie, C or woteva. Which means, of course, that I will no longer feel the same sort of security to post top secret things here. Because, you know, I do that a lot.

I still DON'T CARE

It's a complete shame, but entirely true. I still don't give a flying flip. None. Zero.

Like a Ton of Bricks

And, now it has suddenly hit me....next week is "christmas." God. On my one day off (ie. the 25th) I will have to cart myself around to be merry. Gr8.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home