Thursday, December 19, 2002

Suppertime, and the living is easy....

D is an exceptional cook. That must be said. This week has seen a course of dinners that, quite frankly, are more than a cranky-pants like moi deserves.

One night it was some perfectly cooked mahi-mahi steaks. Tonight I believe that brined pork-chops and garlic mash are on the menu. And, apparently, he will be masterminding our chrissy supper.

Doggy News:
1.Oh, on the doggy front: it seems Benny is becoming a hot commodity. We currently have two potential adopters vying for his love....
2. One of our lurvely neighbours gave us the most hilarious gift. It is a statuette of a beagle up on its hind legs holding a hoop in its mouth. It is meant to be an umbrella holder. It is hilariously kitschy (did I spell that right)? Anyways, alll the beagles were suspicious of it until they thoroughly sniffed its bum and determined it was not a threat. Ruby on the other hand is convinced that it is evil. She stands in front of it and tries to catch it unawares or tries to provoke it into reacting to her. She has attempted to take the hoop from its mouth even. She is hilarious.

Word Lust

You know how much I love words. Adore them. Would eat them up. One of my recent favourite words is: fetid. Don't ask me...I don't know. It is just so fitting for itself. Fetid. Feh-tid. Unfortunately, it is not a word I can use without causing offense. Shame though....."This wassail is absolutely fetid!" has such a nice ring doncha think?

Sore-ity

You know, sometimes it hits me that I'm getting old. Recovering from a long lazy period isn't as easy at it used to be. The working out is killing me. Right now I'm walking like a recovering head injury patient. Everything is sore. The upside? I'm sleeping so much better than I have been in AGES. And having the most hilarious dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home