Monday, December 30, 2002

Bad Habits

I have several. Shut up, so do you.

One that is particularly annoying and nasty is that I will decide, on sight, that I loathe someone. Loathe to the point of shuddering disgust.

Generally this happens with someone I have never met, nor will ever meet. Specifically, they are those people that enter your little universe only by chance that you share the same train every morning. Or work in the same building. For me, the most memorable are those that I loathe that work in the same building, but I've never met. The ones I have to see time and time again.

Back on Mill St it was that creepy blonde fellow. The one with the revoltingly long fingernails. Why? I mean, what is up with that people? Carefully manicured and long. Was he a secret night time queen? Or perhaps he played guitar. Or whatever. He was revolting. He would cross his arms and hold his hands in such a way that the talons were most fetchingly displayed. (Val, I know you know who I'm talking about.) He was extra-super special creepy because he was one of those people that if you accidently made eye contact with him...that was it, he took it as permission to talk and talk and talk......God. Just thinking about him makes my skin crawl.

Here, there is another one like that. Except he's not blonde, nor does he have scary hands. He is just fetid. He sighs ALOT. And though he doesn't try to tell me his life story, if he is in the elevator with someone he works with I get to hear the latest tragedy in his life. Everything about his being just makes my skin crawl. He is dumpy and nondescript....but every bit as offensive as Cherie Blair. I swear, just the very sight of his car makes me involuntarily roll my eyes.

Yeah. I'm a real duchess that way. No wonder so many people are lined up to be my BFF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home