Thursday, November 14, 2002

Updates updates updates:

1. The hairy beasts: God. A herd. Insanity. Just coordinating trots through the trees is a logistical exercise. Yesterday I just about did myself serious injury when dog A went round a tree one way, and dog B the other, then crossed themselves... all whilst we were at full trot (and moi, ever so fashionably, in flip flops!). Loveys....it was madness. Oh, Benny? Tres cute. 'Cept he can be a little bastard. Literally. Bit the hand that was feeding him yesterday....though I think that had to the do with the general frenzy they whip themselves into whenever there is the possibility of foods.

2. Les Hairs: I'll have to send you a status check this weekend. I go for the chop.

3. The renovations: Sigh. I mean, sigh, but not.... It's the bathroom. It will kill me. Ongoing forever and ever and ever. Curse Laura Ashley and horrendous floral wallpapers. Right. Wallpaper is gone...wall was a mess. Finally gave in to the darkside and textured it. Now it awaits a lick of paint. Dark plummy purple I blelieve....but, you know me, liable to change with the weather. On other paint fronts: I decided, in true form, that the yellow in the kitchen wasn't quite the yellow I wanted. So now it is a different yellow. Which I adore. For now.

4. Life in the suburbs: Ah, how can your resist when your neighbours insist on cooking tea for you and having you over and drinking beer and red wine and flinging yourself into their hot tubs in the wee hours. Let me tell you.....it is nay bad. Plus the drive, er, walk home is infinately a bit safer than coming back from houston half-cut.

5. Work: The indignity of it all....I've had to actually work lately. The nuclear project is napping for the moment (I daren't say it is put to bed, as that will only tempt the fates)...my days have lately been filled with weather options, gas hedges, and valuing water flows in terms of Mwhs..... Many puzzles and seemingly random values assigned to ephemeral nothings. My favourite!!!!

6. On a completely unrelated note. I made mental note yesterday that I'm incredibly unco.... I know, you are shocked. But the bruises, dear god, everywhere. I don't even know how most of them got there.....but those I do know crack me up. Just this morning I added a lovely touch when I just about knocked myself out cold. Oh god, I would give you the details, but I still laugh like a lunatic just thinking of it. And we all know, I must keep up appearances of not being quite as touched as we all know me to be.

7. Tonight, watch Peter Jennings....apparently. My neighbour is filming with him this arvo...a piece on the bayou city. I asked him if he was going to include a wee segment on the good life in the goodlands....but, not this time around. Still, should be interesting.

8.Oh! and Oh! I go to new york next week! Hoorah. A bit of a step down from Jackson, MS....I know....but, I'm sure I'll be kept well entertained. Apparently there is a 'strayan restaurant there. With meat pies. And perhaps, even, sometimes...sausage rolls. Kill me now. I never thought I'd willingly be lusting after a sausage roll. Obviously, I've gone demented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home