Monday, September 09, 2002

The Science of Happiness

Interesting....not long ago I decided I was going to be more happy and started focusing on those things that made me feel happy and contented isntead of those things in my life that made me feel dark and hopeless.

A lot of it had to do with practicing generosity and redefining my perspective on a lot of issues.

Guess what? I am a happier person. The little shit really doesn't get me down like it used to, or at least not for as long as it used to. I make a conscious effort to notice the good things in my life, instead of those things that used to really bring me down.

Not ever day is a happy happy joy joy day, but most days I am at least contented if not outright "happy."

The only time I have sad days are those days when I'm tired and I forget and fall back into old habits of focusing on negative stuff.

But, I'm slowly outgrowing that habit.

The weird thing is I find I have less and less patience with people that choose to be unhappy, their negativity and whining just brings me down.

The truth is we all have a choice...to be happy or to be unhappy. It's that simple. Sometimes it's ok to have a bad day or moment....but non-stop being sad is just boring and brings everyone else down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home