Thursday, October 09, 2003

Two Things

1. This morning as I was driving along I realized the seat warmer was on. Ruby must have stepped on it coming home from training last night. It reminded me of that time in my father's car, when it was absolutely freezing out....you know, that weekend I'd totalled the car driving to his apt in San Antonio through an ice storm... We had laughed about how my grandmother had freaked out and thought she was having hot flashes because she didn't realize his seat warmers were on. I remembered how laugh sounded. I missed him.

2. Five minutes ago, D called me and told me something stupid that made me laugh. I was startled. When I heard myself laughing, I heard my dad's laugh. I'd never realized I had his laugh. I miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home