Sunday, January 19, 2003

The depths of delirium:

Today, while aimlessly flipping through sunday afternoon programming and coughing up pieces of my lungs I stopped on a program that sounded interesting on the guide entitled "Bulimia." I find these kind of human interest stories entertaining in the way you can't look away from a trainwreck. For example, D and I watched a show called something like "Christine's Story" about some horrendous trailer-trash girl who has gastric bypass, and you aren't going to believe this, even after she loses the weight she realises that it has not made her life perfect. Anyways, I digress. So, for about five minutes I'm watching this show which I believe to be about eating disorders. Instead, all I see are scenes from a rodea. Bull riding as a matter of fact. So I hit info to see if I can figure out how this will tie into Bulimia (ie. stick thin cowboys who use bulimia as a way to be lighter on the back of a bull?).... that's when I realise that I'm watching something called "Bullmania." Nice one! Pass me the nyquil...I'm obviously not high enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home