Tuesday, November 26, 2002

A storyette, just for you: (you can thank me later)


Word to the wise:
Some things, once seen, can never be unseen.

Did you know that I'm strangely fascinated and transfixed by hands? Truly. One thing that kept me from considering medical school further was the fact that I can not tolerate seeing injured hands. I'm serious. Ridiculously so. Show me an open abdomen...ok, yuk, but ok. Debride a gangrenous wound? Completely revolting, but I can stand it. Show me a paper cut on your finger and I'm out. Hurling/fainting/head spinning,...

So, innocently, I'm walking down the corridor today. A generic worker bee walking towards me....I casually look him up and down (a girl does you know), and notice a horrendous detail. He has half his thumb amputated. I just about had to sit down. It was all I could do to not visibly shudder.

Shut up. I am too that much of a drama queen. Oh god, if only you knew the half of it.

So yeah, ol' stumpy there.....

I quickstepped it to kyoob HQ...and here I am....random revulsions causing me to shudder involuntarily.

The problem is? Now I know. And, I will have to take extra special precautions to avoid all visible contact with him, because I will be compelled to look and be revulsed all over again.

ta-da.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home