Friday, October 11, 2002

sigh...

I'm a bit bummed at the moment.

D's parents leave tomorrow morning and I already feel teary about it.

I adore them.

Which makes my parent's behaviour even less tolerable. I know they don't mean to be, but sometimes the breadth of their callous disregard for everyone but their own wants/comforts astounds me. I constantly go out of my way to make things work out so that we can see them...but when things aren't exactly as they want or interfere with something important (like a highschool football game), well they just can't be bothered.

It embarasses me especially in front of D's parents who would never dream of casting aside the opportunity to have a least dinner out with them just because they'd rather go to a highschool football game.

It's times like this that I'm reminded why it was so easy for me to walk away from this side of the world and live abroad for so many years. And, it makes me more resolved than ever to settle back down in Australia once we have kids and we want grandparents around to be involved in their life.

I'm used to the disappointment and the guilt I feel with regards to my parents....and if I ever have kids, I'll do my best to shield them from those shitty feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home